- Frank Moore Cross. The Ancient Library of Qumran. 3rd ed. Minneapolis: Fortress, 1995.
- Robert Donceel and Pauline Donceel-Voûte, “The Archaeology of Qumran,” in Methods of Investigation of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Khirbet Qumran Site: Present Realities and Future Prospects. Ed. by Michael O. Wise [et al.]. New York: New York Academy of Sciences, 1994, pp. 1–38.
- Jodi Magness, “What do Pottery and Architecture Tell Us about Qumran,” in The Archaeology of Qumran and the Dead Sea Scrolls (Grand Rapids; Eerdmans, 2002), 73-104.
- Elisha Qimron, The Hebrew of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Scholars Press: Atlanta, Georgia, 1986, pp. 17-24.
- Ronny Reich, “A Note on the Function of Room 30 (the ‘Scriptorium’) at Khirbet Qumran,” JJS 46 (1995), pp. 157-160.
- Emanuel Tov, Scribal Practices and Approaches Reflected in the Texts Found in the Judean Desert. Leiden: Brill, 2004.